Terms of Business
BT Benson Ltd.
BT Benson, Stratford Lodge, Main Road, Swalcliffe, Oxon OX15 5EH [email protected]
Please take a moment to read through our Terms and Conditions.
• Appointments can be made by telephone between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
• We always try to keep to the allocated appointment slot that has been given, however, from time to time appointment slots may need to be adjusted. We will always advise clients of this, as soon as possible or you are welcome to call the mobile number for an arrival time
• If a client cancels within 24 hours of their appointment, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee.
• Work on horse’s feet may be done by any member of the BT Benson Farriery team who is authorised to do so by Ben Benson
• Safety is a priority for BT Benson and Team. In the event that they feel it is unsafe to continue to shoe a horse, they reserve the right to stop working on a horse until it is safe to do so
• Invoices are due on receipt or on agreed terms
• In the event that a client has an invoice outstanding, there will be no further visits, shoeings or trimmings until the invoice has been cleared
• Outstanding invoices may also be subject to £10 administration charge
• Prices will increase annually by 4% every July
• If a remedial shoe is lost, the client will be required to pay for it to be replaced. NB. this may also include travel costs if it is out of area.
• If shoes are lost and the horse is booked in a reasonable time frame, we will only charge a call out fee.
• Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate emergency call outs, this does cause scheduling issues. An emergency appointment may incur a call out fee.
• In the event that a client wishes to raise a complaint. Please raise this directly with Ben Benson, either by email or verbally and he will strive to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
• Horses need to be handled by the owner or appointed groom/other as BT Benson accepts no liability or responsibility for catching or moving horses to and from shoeing area
• Should the horse be fractious or becoming impatient and dangerous someone (owner or appointed other) would be required to hold the horse whilst work is carried out/finished on the horse.
• By using the services provided by BT Benson LTD you are accepting that we can use photos or X-rays for educational and social media use. These will be used respectfully to the client and horse but any images taken or X-rays sent to BT Benson LTD are then the property of BT Benson Ltd to use as we see fit.